Hello. I’m Eddie – but you can call me Ed.
I’m a bit of a goofball, but I am a qualified Assistance Dog and I work in schools as a Therapy Dog with my friends.
I love to rest my chin on feet which provides pressure and comfort to any students who need a little support.
I’m told I help students feel less anxious and help them regulate their emotions by providing tactile stimulation, and support.
My friends and I look forward to meeting and working with you soon. We’re paw-fect!
Wellbeing Support using Animal Assisted Therapy
- Positive support achieving wellbeing outcomes within a school environment
- Building resilience, with a focus on wellbeing and personal growth
- Support designed to increase student attendance
- School-based sessions designed around school timetables
Paw Pause is dedicated to the best therapeutic outcomes for students and aims to:
- provide interactive class/school participation
- build on evidence-based practice to support students and families
- provide individualised personal wellbeing support tailored to the student’s needs
- use side by side practice
- focus on a holistic approach to personalised support
- provide therapeutic support with a clear intent to develop resilience, wellbeing and personal growth within the school and community.
What others are saying about Paw Pause
Eddie has been an important part of school for our students and staff. They have looked for him in the mornings to pat and have a soft landing into school.
Eddie has attended a number of our whole school events such as Sports Day & assemblies to support students to regulate, and smaller events such as our IESP Year 6 to 7 transition visits to help the students feel more comfortable in a new environment.Sarah, Inclusive Education Leader
Playford International College
I have had the pleasure of working in a classroom where the lovely Niki and Eddie attend to help create calm.
Eddie is the most handsome, calm, intuitive dog. I love how he can be in an environment that can be loud and busy, and help the students to create calm and balance. You should also see him join in meditation in yoga, it’s brilliant.
Niki is very experienced and supportive too all. Such a great team 💜Kym
Westport Primary School
Paw Pause acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the land and waters across Australia in which we share. We pay our respects to Elders past and present and to the children who are leaders of tomorrow. We acknowledge the histories and living cultures and the many thousands of years in which Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have raised their children to be safe and strong. We recognise and accept it is the oldest continuous living culture in the world and that their sovereignty has never been ceded. We are an inclusive, safe and respectful organisation which celebrates diversity and actively supports the inclusion of children, young people and adults from LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with diverse religious beliefs or affiliations.
Click here to read more testimonials!